Saturday, November 1, 2014

SAVAGE Grommloc!

Due to a migraine, I missed a doozy today -- Grommloc was finally mailed out to those that purchased a BlizzCon 2014 Virtual Ticket! Yay another pet to add to my army. :)


Grommloc supersized and fearing any who stand in his way

He doesn't have any idle animations, but he will do a small roar and fear wild pets and critters around him. The large groups of critters in Valley of the Four Winds is a good spot to watch him do his thing. Weaklings, flee puny critters! :P

I did try to get him to scare away some level 1 cows in Stormwind, but they didn't seem phased by Grommloc's savageness. Cows are fearless...? lol

I've yet to try out Grommloc in battles. I don't PVP so his breed (P/S) probably won't matter too much for me. Not even sure P/S is good for his set of abilities. But I suppose that's ok if it's not. Pets that cost RL money that are amazing in battles due to a strong breed + strong moveset can be controversial.

All pets in general are "must haves" for a collector, but a "pay-to-win" pet that changes the metagame upsets the balance and perceived fairness since some will be able to afford it while others won't.

So if Grommloc doesn't have a very good moveset and/or breed, I'm ok with that. It's fine if it's just a fun vanity pet that will hang out with you and scare away cowardly critters. :)

Besides, he's a murloc that has hair on his head. WTF. That's unique in itself XD

----------------------

And on an unrelated note, developer Jeremy Feasel dropped a hint of what's to come at BlizzCon. I'm excited and can't wait to learn more!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I don't really like him. I was expecting a pet of the same level of the other blizzcons, regarding animation. An aoe fear doesn't even come close. This seems to me kind of a lazy thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Anonymous: To each their own. :)

      I wouldn't have minded some idle animations, but I'll give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt that they had their hands full with finishing up the expansion AND BlizzCon stuff.

      Delete

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.